10/14/09

Quindim (keen-djeen)


I'm back! As a way to redeem myself from my long absence I have a delicious recipe!

Those of you who know Brazilian pastry probably know (and love) Quindim, and also know that it's hard to make and takes a ridiculous amount of egg yolks.

Well, I'm here to tell you that there are faster, healthier and less-yolky ways to sink your teeth into these yellow delicacies!

Behold:

Quick Quindim

1 c. Sugar
200 ml Coconut milk (about half of a can)
10 egg yolks
1 1/2 c. Shredded Coconut

Mix everything well and pour unto a muffin pan that's been greased (with butter) and coated with sugar.

Bake in bain-marie at 375 F for 30-35 minutes.

Let is cool and then run a knife along the sides, then place the pan (0r bang it) upside down on a alumnim foil sheet. Place in fridge and enjoy it!

Give it a try, and let me know how you love it!

*** Bain Marie: What is bain-marie you ask?! aka water bath. It's simple - place the muffin pan in another pan (can be a cookie sheet) that's filled with water. The bottom of the muffin pan needs to be touching the water. This is done so that the cooking process occurs evenly. IT IS ESSENTIAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment