10/14/09

Carrot Cake

In my family birthdays = carrot cake.
So naturally, for my son's first birthday I made carrot cake - Brazilian Style! Yes, it's orange, and yes it has a chocolate glaze... hummm SO GOOD!


Carrot Cake

1/2 c. oil
3 medium carrots shredded
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
3 c. flour
1 tbs baking powder

Put all wet ingredients and carrots in a blender and blend until carrots are chopped and shredded finely,and batter takes on an orange-ish tint.

Mix wet ingredients unto dry until everything if combined. It will look a little thick for a cake batter, but it's supposed to be like that. :o)

Bake on a greased/floured pan for 40 min at a preheated over (375F).

Glaze:
(you may think it's weird, but trust me, it's sooooo good!)


1 tbs butter
3 tbs chocolate nesquick (or something like it)
1 c. sugar

in a small sauce pan, melt butter and add remaining ingridients. Cook until everything is melted (about 5 min.). Pour over cake. (I recomment poking a few holes with a knife on the cake before pouring the glaze!).

Give it a try and let me know, I'm sure you will all love it!

1 comment: